|Revelation 1, Page 12|
(Repeating) 1:13 And in the midst of the seven enlightening years [in “the acceptable year of Yehuveh” which prepares Israel to be restored] the people are again restored to innocence like Adam’s, entirely clothed with righteousness, and encircled with a Yehuveh-like purity.
1:14 Their minds and their thoughts were pure and righteous, as white as snow; and their insights were as intense and purifying conviction;
1:15 And their steps were solid, refined as metal in a furnace; and their communications were as the sound of many nations brought together.
1:16 And they had in their right hands seven enlivening messages: and the words that came out of their mouths cut to the heart: and their faces shined with powerful wisdom.
Bible, KJV Translation:
(Repeating) 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
Significant Words and Comments:
Commentary on Revelation 1:13-16 continued (24 November 2007):
(4) “His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow,” has nothing to do with old age.
Regarding Nazarite vows, hair coming out of the head was a symbol of thoughts/understanding coming out of the mind. Thus Yehuveh appeals: “Know thou the Elohim of thy father, and serve Him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for Yehuveh searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek Him, He will be found of thee.” “The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity.” 1 Chronicles 28:9; Zephaniah 3:13.
(5) “His eyes were as a flame of fire,” his insights full of intense conviction.
While every individual has his own insight (eyes), Isaiah 29:10 specifically associates eyes with those who speak Yehuveh’s words (prophecy): “For Yehuveh hath . . . closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath He covered.”
Every instructor among restored Israel will be purified by fire and full of Yehuveh’s conviction and inspired energy.
(6) “His feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned [refined] in a furnace” represents the solidity and purity with which the remnant of Israel will take each advanced step, reflecting light like polished brass! Of this same experience and this same people, Ezekiel wrote: “their feet (steps) were straight feet (steps); . . . and they sparkled (scattered light) like the colour of burnished brass.” This symbol is repeated in Revelation 2:18. Ezekiel 1:7.
(7) “His voice as the sound of many waters” illustrates the restoration of people and truth from many nations. “The nations shall rush like the rushing of many waters: but Elohim shall rebuke them, and they shall flee far off, and shall be chased as the chaff of the mountains before the wind, and like a rolling thing before the whirlwind.” “I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for Yehuveh Elohim omnipotent reigneth.” Isaiah 17:13; Revelation 19:6.
From our widely varied backgrounds all Yehuveh’s restored people will speak with one voice!
(8) “He had in his right hand seven stars” which are described in Revelation 1:20 to be seven messages to the seven closing years, the six Years of Returning (Darius) and the Sabbatical Year. [See notes on Revelation 1:20.]
Proverbs 3:16 says of wisdom, “length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour.” Endless life and prosperous well-being are the blessings inherent in these seven messages held in Israel’s right hand.
For information on “mouth,” “sword,” and “countenance,” continue . . .
Originally Written: 23 November 2007
Latest Update: 9 June 2011
Return to Zadok Home Page Continue . . . Return One Page Go to Revelation Intro
Go to Historical Calendar Go to Daniel 11-12 Go to Years of Returning (Darius)